Government Approved - Welcome to TLS Bangkok & CTLS Pattaya Language Schools, has been established now for 12 years... Thailand's No.1 - Provider of the Educational Visa, our schools is government approved and has several licenses necessary to qualify the school in the relevant fields.... Thai Culture - We Offer the 20 hours Thai Culture Course, Which is mandatory for all foreign teachers in obtaining a Ministry of Education teaching license which is a legal requirement... Multiple Languages - ED Visa's available in several languages including, English, Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Many More... Toefl - If you require attending a foreign university or working in the airline industry you will be required to take     the 4 TOEFL tests, be trained in how to pass the Toefl.... A1 English Test -  All foreign nationals wanting to reside in the UK, must now pass the A1 English Language Test, Be tutored into how to pass the A1 English Test..... Want to open a School? - Dr Tewi Gleeson PhD is an expert on educational law and can act as an educational consultant during the complicated process of opening a school .Or why not Franchise our licenses. Approved Recruiting Agency - TLS Language School and CTLS Language School are one of the leading education recruiters of Teachers with contracts with over 60 schools in Bangkok…. Approved Legal Practice - Chris and Tewi Legal Services is an approved legal practice within Thailand and as such the services we can offer our students are far ranging, please ask for a consultation… Long stay Visa's - Not only do we offer the ED Visa but through our legal practice can offer all types of long stay visa’s Having problems with your finance for your retirement visa, there are solutions come and talk to us… The 9 educational elements - Under the law, all foreign teachers in Thailand whose degrees are not in education , must be tested at the ministry of education in these 9 subjects, To obtain the Thailand Teaching license TLS Language School will acquire the license to tutor in these subjects in 2011… Hotel  Management Training - TLS Language Schools in 2010 did language training in 126 hotels in all parts of Thailand, our Educational License in Hotel Management Training allows us to offer language training to all hotel staff in various subjects…..

A1 English Test

What is the A1 English Test?

Migrants marrying uk citizens Must now learn English

Compulsory English language tests will be introduced for migrants applying to come to the UK to join their partner or marry, the government announced today.

From Autumn 2010 all non-European migrants will have to demonstrate a basic command of English that allows them to cope with everyday life before they are granted a visa.

The rules will apply to spouses, civil partnerships, unmarried couples, same sex partners and fiancés, and will be compulsory for people applying from within the UK, as well as visa applicants from overseas.


Statement from the Home Secretary

Theresa May said, 'I believe being able to speak English should be a pre-requisite for anyone who wants to settle here. The new English requirement for spouses will help promote integration, remove cultural barriers and protect public services.

'It is a privilege to come to the UK and that is why I am committed to raising the bar for migrants and ensuring that those who benefit from being in Britain contribute to our society.

'This is only the first step. We are currently reviewing English language requirements across the visa system with a view to tightening the rules further in the future.

'Today’s announcement is one of a wide range of measures the new government is taking to ensure that immigration is properly controlled for the benefit of the UK, alongside a limit on work visas and an effective system for regulating the students who come here.'


Anyone wishing to come to the UK as a spouse will have to demonstrate basic English at A1 level, the same level required for skilled workers admitted under the Skilled Tier of the Points Based System.

A spouse coming from outside Europe will need to provide evidence to the UK Border Agency with their visa application that they have passed an English language test with one of the UK Border Agency’s approved test providers.

Under the current rules spousal visa applicants already have to meet a range of criteria before being allowed to enter the UK. All applicants must show their marriage or partnership is genuine and that they can support themselves financially.

Whether you are married in the UK or overseas, the non-UK partner must apply for a two year settlement visa to come and live in the UK as a spouse.

CTLS Language School and TLS Language School

Offer preparation courses into how to pass this A1 test, The test has to be booked 10 days in advance and our school will evaluate you and our experienced teacher Richard will inform you about how many hours he suggests you need to complete this A1 test.

The test is conversation only no reading or writing and the test is conducted via a recording machine with a time limit to answer the question, before the next question starts, The students need to be comfortable talking to a recording machine which is all part of our preparation course.

We are proud at the moment of our 100% success rate in the A1 English Test. This preparation course is 1-1 instruction by our teacher and we would not book you on the A1 test unless we feel the student can pass as the test is quite expensive.

Please be aware the application for residence visa will be rejected without the certificate from the A1 English test.


U.K. Visas

TOEFL iBT® Test Scores Approved for Visa Use by the U.K. Border Agency (UKBA)

People from around the world wishing to work, study or settle in the United Kingdom can use theTOEFL iBT® test to demonstrate their English proficiency for Tier 1, 2 or 4 visas under the United Kingdom’s points-based system. This decision was made by the Home Office of the U.K. Border Agency (UKBA), the party responsible for securing the border and controlling migration in the U.K. The UKBA accreditation allows students and migrants worldwide to submit their TOEFL iBT scores as evidence of having passed a UKBA-approved English-language test.

Minimum TOEFL iBT Score Requirements for U.K. Border Agency Visa Application

Please note that the requirements relating to visas are complex and change frequently. Therefore we advise that you regularly check the U.K. Border Agency website.









Highly skilled workers-General  C1 





 Minister of Religion B2 






 2 Skilled Worker General  B1






Students enrolling on a  course at NQF 6/SCQF 9

or above 

(Degree or above)







Students enrolling on a

NQF 3-5/SCQF 6-8


 B1 Listerning..9




 3 Spouses & Partners  A1-B1  Listerning..9

Reading.... not required


Writing..... not required

CTLS Language School in Pattaya has been an approved iBT Testing Centre from April 2012. Our language school has a state of art computer lab for conducting the TOEFL Test in a warm and inviting enviroment.

The A1 test for spouses & partners is accepted by the British Border Agency.

CTLS Language School can conduct toefl test preparation to get your partner familiar with the A1 test, Preparation is advised as the TOEFL test is done on a computer and needs several practice tests in Listerning and Speaking.

Please vite our TOEFL page were information can be seen in booking the TOEFL test for getting a pass mark at the A1 standard

Changes to the Immigration Rules come into effect on 13 December 2012





Informaion sheet for ED Visa application

Place of birth

Address in Thailand ( not for overseas applicants )

In case of Emergency please contact

Family History

Passport Information

Please upload the following:-

Security Code captcha

Security Code captcha


Pls make wire transfer ad following details:

Thanon Chaloem Phrakiat Pattaya Branch

Address: 222/99 Moo 9 Chaloem Phrakiat Rd. Nongprue Banglamung Chonburi 20150


Thai Language, Culture and Professional Ethics

Training Program Curriculum

Please complete the following form. Your information will keep confidential.


Security Code captcha

Please submit the completed form enclosed with

3. 3 PHOTOES (3 inches)

to Tewi Language School 48/9 (2) Soi Ramkhamhaeng 60/3 , Hua Mark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Tel. 02-7350956, 02-3740779, 081-1719265, 081-1712389

You can transfer your registration fee to:
Siam City Bank, A/C No. 170–2–20017-9, A/T
Name: Tewi Language School
ธ.นครหลวงไทย สาขาลำสาลี บัญชีออมทรัพย์เลขที่ 170-2-20017-9
ชื่อบัญชี โรงเรียนสอนภาษาเทวี

TEFL Course Enrollment Form

Security Code captcha


1. We process applications within 2 business days.

2. If you don't hear from us within that time frame please email or to make sure we received your application.

3. Be sure to check your junk or spam folder to see if your acceptance letter from us landed there.

4. This is a secure form, meaning that the information you provide is encrypted before it is sent to our server.

Once you decide that you'd like to reserve a place on the course you'll need to submit the non-refundable $500. The balance is due six weeks before the course. Of course if we have openings you can enroll at anytime so contact us for the availability.

Home | Our Teachers | Schedules | Jobs Board | Other Service | Student Visa | Google+

School Holidays 2011 | Learn Online | Links | Testimonials | Location | Photo Gallery | Videos | Contact Us