Government Approved - Welcome to TLS Bangkok & CTLS Pattaya Language Schools, has been established now for 12 years... Thailand's No.1 - Provider of the Educational Visa, our schools is government approved and has several licenses necessary to qualify the school in the relevant fields.... Thai Culture - We Offer the 20 hours Thai Culture Course, Which is mandatory for all foreign teachers in obtaining a Ministry of Education teaching license which is a legal requirement... Multiple Languages - ED Visa's available in several languages including, English, Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Many More... Toefl - If you require attending a foreign university or working in the airline industry you will be required to take     the 4 TOEFL tests, be trained in how to pass the Toefl.... A1 English Test -  All foreign nationals wanting to reside in the UK, must now pass the A1 English Language Test, Be tutored into how to pass the A1 English Test..... Want to open a School? - Dr Tewi Gleeson PhD is an expert on educational law and can act as an educational consultant during the complicated process of opening a school .Or why not Franchise our licenses. Approved Recruiting Agency - TLS Language School and CTLS Language School are one of the leading education recruiters of Teachers with contracts with over 60 schools in Bangkok…. Approved Legal Practice - Chris and Tewi Legal Services is an approved legal practice within Thailand and as such the services we can offer our students are far ranging, please ask for a consultation… Long stay Visa's - Not only do we offer the ED Visa but through our legal practice can offer all types of long stay visa’s Having problems with your finance for your retirement visa, there are solutions come and talk to us… The 9 educational elements - Under the law, all foreign teachers in Thailand whose degrees are not in education , must be tested at the ministry of education in these 9 subjects, To obtain the Thailand Teaching license TLS Language School will acquire the license to tutor in these subjects in 2011… Hotel  Management Training - TLS Language Schools in 2010 did language training in 126 hotels in all parts of Thailand, our Educational License in Hotel Management Training allows us to offer language training to all hotel staff in various subjects…..

Welcome to FAQ about the Student Visa or ED Visa


Who can apply for the ED Visa or Student Visa in Thailand?

People of all nationalities can apply for the ED Visa or Student Visa. But Please note that that the following countries must return to their own countries to obtain the ED Visa or Student Visa.


Are there any limitations or age limits in applying for the ED Visa or Student Visa?

Yes all applicants must be over 12 years of age and be under the age on 99. The school must be an approved Educational Establishment, CTLS Language School and TLS Language School are approved by the Ministry of Education.

To apply for the Ed visa you must register for one of our courses See Here

What are the requirements if any are needed to obtain the student visa?

Our school first requires a 50% deposit on all our courses, The paper work to obtain the visa is a 30 page document, not a single letter as some have you believe. This takes a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 4 weeks to obtain the documents back from the Ministry of Education. 

School attendence should be  at least 70%.

Is the Visa really FREE?

Ha Ha ! Many schools advertise that the visa is FREE it is not and never will be free, The paper work for the visa will be done free of any charge, and the paperwork is a 30 page document, and the same 30 page document is needed for all 4 extensions so you can see that there is quite a lot of administration to be done for every student. Your ED Visa or Student Visa will cost you 1 visa run to obtain your temporary 3 month visa, every 3 months your visa will have to be renewed at immigration at a cost of 1,900 baht, This is the government fee not the school fee.


Do i have to leave the country?

The simple answer is yes, you must leave Thailand to obtain the temporary 3 month visa shown above, When you enter Thailand on the Student Visa or ED Visa, your passport is returned to our school and we take copies, more documents are then submitted on your behalf to the education department who approve you for a 12 month extension.

Which Countries must i go to to obtain the ED Visa?

If you are not a citizan of the countries listed above who have to return to there own countries, Then you can get this visa at any Thai embassy or consulate, Our school is registered on a government database of approved educational facilities who can offer this visa,

With over 3500 students who have obtained this visa our schools have only had 1 rejection of this visa, This was a Chinese National who tried to get the visa in Laos instead of returning to China to obtain the Student Visa.

 If i have been approved for a 1 year extension why do i have to go to immigration every 3 months?.

Immigration will only issue you with a 3 month visa because we have to provide evidence that you are attending school, This is done every 3 months and your new visa will cost you 1,900 baht (a 1 year visa would cost 7,600 so there is no difference in cost of the visa)

We would also like to inform you that the Education department are periodically inspecting schools who can offer the ED Visa and evidence must be provided that the individual is attending school, if it is clear that the individual is not attending school in breach of his visa the education department have the authority to cancel the students visa's.

What happens after my first year of study is over?

If you would like to stay a student we apply back to the education department for approval for you to go on the 2nd year or 3rd year and the process stays the same, you get your new visa at the immigration department every 3 months. This application must be made 1 calender month before your current visa runs out.

How Long can i stay a student at your school?

Each subject we have a license for we can offer 5 years of study, not like most schools who can only offer 3 years per license. TLS Language School and CTLS Language School currently have 10 licenses with 5 years of study per license with 4 more licenses pending so do the mathmatics. If your 22 we have no problem in getting you to a retirement visa at 50.

Can I apply from Overseas?

The simple answer is yes TLS Language School and CTLS language School have online application forms to make things simple, you can upload your passport and passport photo and upload proof of payment, Time is a factor we know this, from recieving the application form to you recieving it takes 3-4 weeks. The documents are sent to you by fedex and the tracking number emailed to you. There is a surcharge of 2,000 baht to cover the cost of fedex for the 30 page document. 

ED Visa Application CLICK HERE

Inward Transfer Information CLICK HERE

If you apply in Thailand you are still required to leave the country to obtain the temporary 3 month visa, Tour companies in Pattaya charge around 9,000 baht for the overnight stay in Laos, If you apply say from Germany or Russia the extra cost is 2,000 baht, you actually save money by getting the visa in your own country.

How many students in a class?

We start a new class every few weeks when we have a class of 6-8 people, Everyone starts together with a new class and the teacher that will remain with you throughout the year,


Informaion sheet for ED Visa application

Place of birth

Address in Thailand ( not for overseas applicants )

In case of Emergency please contact

Family History

Passport Information

Please upload the following:-

Security Code captcha

Security Code captcha


Pls make wire transfer ad following details:

Thanon Chaloem Phrakiat Pattaya Branch

Address: 222/99 Moo 9 Chaloem Phrakiat Rd. Nongprue Banglamung Chonburi 20150


Thai Language, Culture and Professional Ethics

Training Program Curriculum

Please complete the following form. Your information will keep confidential.


Security Code captcha

Please submit the completed form enclosed with

3. 3 PHOTOES (3 inches)

to Tewi Language School 48/9 (2) Soi Ramkhamhaeng 60/3 , Hua Mark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240

Tel. 02-7350956, 02-3740779, 081-1719265, 081-1712389

You can transfer your registration fee to:
Siam City Bank, A/C No. 170–2–20017-9, A/T
Name: Tewi Language School
ธ.นครหลวงไทย สาขาลำสาลี บัญชีออมทรัพย์เลขที่ 170-2-20017-9
ชื่อบัญชี โรงเรียนสอนภาษาเทวี

TEFL Course Enrollment Form

Security Code captcha


1. We process applications within 2 business days.

2. If you don't hear from us within that time frame please email or to make sure we received your application.

3. Be sure to check your junk or spam folder to see if your acceptance letter from us landed there.

4. This is a secure form, meaning that the information you provide is encrypted before it is sent to our server.

Once you decide that you'd like to reserve a place on the course you'll need to submit the non-refundable $500. The balance is due six weeks before the course. Of course if we have openings you can enroll at anytime so contact us for the availability.

Home | Our Teachers | Schedules | Jobs Board | Other Service | Student Visa | Google+

School Holidays 2011 | Learn Online | Links | Testimonials | Location | Photo Gallery | Videos | Contact Us